ON LOCATION: MEMPHIS (formerly the Memphis International Film Festival) has a reputation for showcasing some of the finest independent films from around the world. Memphis is a fantastic and fun place to visit. (i.e.,-Graceland, Sun Studio, STAX, Beale Street, BBQ.)
Note: See our section on Memphis Attractions for more information about all of the great attractions in our fair little city.
Despite all of the wonderful Memphis attractions the one thing that filmmakers have told us that sets our festival apart is our hospitality. From the moment your film is accepted into our festival we will work to make it easy for you to come to Memphis to share your experiences with us and our audiences.
Join us for the opening night Mix & Mingle Music & Film preview party at the Hard Rock Cafe Memphis on world famous Beale Street. There you are invited to the VIP section where you will have the opportunity to meet OL:M staff, sponsors, jurors, vendors, and even an occasional celebrity. Workshops and screenings fill your days while parties and music performances consume your nights. Located in the heart of Overton Square, you are within walking distance of shops and restaurants.
You’ve worked hard on your film. Now come and have some fun with us and other filmmakers in one of the most magical and musical of cities. You may even spot a certain elusive fellow last seen in a white rhinestone-studded jumpsuit!
OL:M GOVERNING BOARD MEMBERS
- Angela D. Green, Esq. – President
- Patrick Barrentine – Vice President
- Beverly Davis – Treasurer
- Adriane Williams – Secretary
- Dan Hodgdon – Public Relations
- Jack Shelton, Esq.
- Lisa Bobal – On Location: MEMPHIS President Emeritus Memphis, TN
- Larry Dodson, Jr. – LaMarie’s Entertainment/ The Bar Kays Memphis, TN
- Myron Mays – What’s Happening Radio Memphis, TN
- Gladys Mixon – Current Studio Executive with over 25 years experience having worked with Warner Bros. ,Walt Disney and Columbia Tri-Star Los Angeles, CA
- Elizabeth Montgomery – Ardent Music, LLC Memphis, TN
- Carl Wise – Blue Boy Records Memphis, TN
On Location: MEMPHIS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to use business opportunities to educate members of the film, music and arts community to create economic drivers for the purpose of stimulating economic development.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Now going into its 18th year, On Location: Memphis is a competitive 3-day festival featuring a diverse mix of local and global films. Special Presentation films are screened along community discussions with film and music industry professionals.
Previous attendees: Morgan Freeman, Alan Bloomquist, Holly Hunter, Ed Solomon, Isaac Hayes, Richard Gladstein, Robert Townsend, Vivica Fox, Leon Robinson, Tom Berenger, Amotz Zakai, Leo Fitzpatrick, Peter Callahan, Cybill Shepherd, Mari Kornhauser, Del Shores, Don Hertzfeld, Rob May, Macky Alston, John Vanco, Deitrick Haddon, Sonja Norwood, Brely Evans and Ira Sachs.